Vegetable Salad Recipes to Make Some Delicious Veggie Salads
These vegetable salad recipes are easy and can help you make some really tasty vegetable salads. Here’s a list of my favorite vegetable salad recipes…
Tofu Vegetable Salad
Tofu is an excellent source of protein and is filled with calcium. This salad is ideal if you can’t eat dairy foods. This recipe is one of the best salad recipes.
- 1 medium red pepper
- 375 g/13 oz packet firm tofu (drained)
- 150 ml/5fl oz bottled Italian Salad Dressing
- 2 medium courgettes
- 500 g/1lb spinach, trimmed
- 250g/8 oz cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- 40 g/1 ½ oz flaked parmesan cheese
Directions- Cut the tofu into 2-cm/1 inch cubes and combine with the dressing in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes. In the meantime cut the courgettes and peppers into long thin strips. Combine the tofu mixture with the vegetables and the remaining ingredients in the bowl. Toss gently to mix. (Serves 4)
Beef and Noodle Salad with Chilli Lemon Grass Dressing
This garden vegetable salad is very tasty and is low in fat. It contains a lot of protein and energy boosting nutrients such as iron, zinc and B vitamins.
- 500 g/1lb beef fillet steaks
- 2 tsp of vegetable oil
- 300 g/10 oz hokkien noodles
- 1 bunch of Chinese broccoli (chopped)
- 1 small Chinese cabbage, shredded
- 500 g/1lb baby bok choy, chopped
- 500g/1lb choy sum, chopped
- 200g/7oz bean sprouts
Ingredients for the Dressing
- 2 small fresh red chillies, seeded and sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped lemon grass
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tsp of sugar
Directions- Add the beef to 1/3 of the combined dressing ingredients in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes. Drain the beef and fry until browned. Pour some boiling water over noodles; leave it for 5 minutes and then drain. Heat the oil in a wok or a large frying pan.
Quickly stir-fry the bok choy, choy sum and broccoli until vegetables are just wilted. Combine the beef with noodles, vegetables, sprouts, cabbage and remaining dressing in a bowl. Toss together. (Serves 4)
Lime, Tomato and Scallop Salad, a Special Tomato Salad Recipe
Limes contain a lot of vitamin C. This salad contains a lot of nutrients to promote strong hair and nails. This is one of my favorite vegetable salad recipes.
- 500 g/1lb white scallops
- 250 g/8 oz dried rice noodles
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 250 g/8 oz asparagus, trimmed and chopped
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 330 g/11 oz yellow teardrop tomatoes, halved
- 25 g/1oz flaked almonds, toasted
Ingredients for the Lime Dressing
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 125ml/4 ½ fl oz peanut oil
- 2 tbsp of fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp of fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 2 small fresh red chillies, seeded and quartered
- 60 ml/2 ½ fl oz lime juice
Directions- Place the noodles in a large heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water and leave standing until the noodles are tender. Drain them when they’re tender. Rinse under cold water and drain. Grill the scallops in batches until they change color while brushing with the combined chilli sauce and 1 tbsp of lime juice.
Steam the asparagus until tender, rinse under cold water and then drain. Combine the lime dressing ingredients. Toss the noodles, scallops and asparagus gently in a large bowl along with the tomatoes and lime dressing. Sprinkle with almonds. (Serves 4)
Baby Spinach Salad
I knew I had to include this recipe because it’s one of my favorite vegetable salad recipes. It’s great to eat for lunch and contains a lot of iron and protein.
- 720 g/1 ½lb tiny new potatoes, halved
- 6 eggs (organic free-range if possible)
- 4 bacon rashers, chopped
- 125 ml/4 ½ fl oz olive oil
- 200g /7 oz baby spinach leaves
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 4 anchovy fillets in oil, drained
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese, coarsely grated
Directions- Preheat oven to 220 degrees C/425 degrees F. Combine the potatoes and 2 tbsp of the oil in a large baking dish. Bake uncovered for 25 minutes. In the meantime, place the eggs in a medium-size saucepan, cover with water and bring to the boil.
Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes and drain. Rinse the eggs under cold water, shell and cut into quarters. Cook the bacon with the remaining oil in a large, heated frying pan until crisp and drain on absorbent paper.
Gently toss the bacon in a large bowl with the potatoes, egg and spinach. You can blend or process the vinegar, anchovy fillets and parmesan cheese. Drizzle over the salad. (Serves 4)
Tomato Pasta Salad Recipe
This salad is light but filling at the same time. In my opinion this recipe is also one of the best vegetable salad recipes. It’s ideal for vegetarians and contains some cancer-fighting nutrients. The pine nuts help protect against heart disease and provide nutrients to the skin.
- 300 g/10oz firm feta cheese, chopped
- 500g/1lb cherry tomatoes
- 125ml/4 ½ fl oz olive oil
- 40g/1 ½ oz pine nuts, toasted
- 375g/13 oz penne pasta
- 12g/ ½ oz firmly packed small fresh basil leaves
- 60 g/2 oz black olives, seeded and sliced
Directions- Place the cheese in a large piece of foil, bring the sides of the foil up around the cheese and drizzle with 2 tbsp of the oil. Enclose the cheese in the foil. Place the parcel at one end of a shallow baking dish. Combine the tomatoes with 1 tbsp of the remaining oil in the same baking dish.
Bake uncovered in a very hot oven for about 15 minutes or until the tomatoes are soft. Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water, uncovered until just tender and then drain. Combine the pasta with the tomatoes, cheese and any pan juices in a large bowl. Stir through the remaining oil, pine nuts, basil and olives. (Serves 4)
Italian Salad Recipe
This tasty vegetable salad includes apricots that are rich in beta carotene and other nutrients. It also gradually supplies your body with energy. This salad recipe is also one of the best vegetable salad recipes.
- 100 g/3 ½ oz dried apricots, slices
- 4 slices Parma ham
- 2 little gem lettuces
- 100g/3 ½ oz sunblush tomatoes, chopped
- 70g/2 ½ oz Italian salami
- 225g/7 oz asparagus tips
Ingredients for the Dressing
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Directions- Whisk the ingredients for the dressing in a bowl. Add the apricots and marinate for 30 minutes. In the meantime, cook the asparagus tips in a pan of boiling salted water for 5 minutes until tender. Drain and rinse under cold water.
Boil the new potatoes in salted water for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain and allow to cool. Cut the ham into pieces and cut the salami in halves. Wash the lettuces and arrange them on a platter. Top with sliced potatoes, asparagus tips, ham, tomatoes and salami. Drizzle apricots and dressing over before serving. (Serves 4)
These vegetable salad recipes are easy and fun to try out. It’s nice to try out these vegetable salad recipes for lunch or dinner.
Return from vegetable salad recipes to easy vegetable recipesReturn to quick and easy home